Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Don't get too comfortable"

So tomorrow at 3:30pm, we find out where we will be living for the next two years --> yes, the place you will come visit, the place where I'll have my own "home sweet home" and the place where I will grow to Love :) To put it in perspective for you, we are currently in Central Thailand (about 3 hrs away from Bangkok), and the site placement for CBODers will be Central, East, Far East, West and Southern Thailand. If you get placed in far-east (ee-son) you would have to adopt the dialect there since there are some Lao influence in the language. And during my site matching interview last week, I sort of made it pretty clear that I really would not want to learn a dialect SO, there is a likelihood that I will be in either Central/East thailand which would be cool. ..but who knows! I'm so so so anxious to find out!

On top of all that anxiety, Weds we go to Bangkok for an overnight stay then we are 'sent off' to visit our site! ALONE... yeah, we learned how to say ticket, price, arrive, departure, bus, train all this week so that should come in handy ... thought, if you don't hear from me for a REALLY long time, that means I got stuck somehwere in some village and completely gave up trying to come back to Chainat; you might want to call hahahah (well, i should be ok ) I'll be staying/visiting my site for 5 days then I'm back next week on Weds :) WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

"Sometimes, you just gota GO FOR IT"
- Zari :)

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous that you already get to find out your site! We won´t know for another 11 days or so here in Guatemala. Best of luck as you move to your site.

    ReplyDelete